Thursday, June 12, 2014

The Haps. It's been awhile!

Apparently there are two people that check my blog often and are tired of seeing prom pictures (Hi Tammy and Sierra!), so I thought it was about time for a update.  I'll be honest though, I really don't have it in my heart to blog as much anymore.  There are things far more important than keeping up with this space, but I am here to please so here is a little update about the haps around here.

{ONE} Easton is ONE!  This is by far the craziest thing right now!  HE IS ONE!  I cannot believe how fast time is flying by.  He is walking, more "talkative", into everything and knows when he is doing something he isn't supposed to do.  He loves anything and everything that has to do with wheels.  Tractors, bikes, lawnmowers, cars, you name it.  His favorite thing to do is ride with Eric on the lawnmower.  I secretly love it because it puts him to sleep :) If he isn't riding on the lawn mower then he is watching Eric mow from the deck or the sun room.  He will walk from window to window just so he can see Eric and if there is something blocking his view he let's you know!  I got his one year photos taken on Saturday.  OMG.  I died from the cuteness.  Heart breaker in the making!  He also makes the cutest tractor sound.  I post pictures daily on Instagram.  Follow me at mandyhogrefe





He amazes me everyday.  There is always something new, something exciting.  We spend a ton of time outside and going on walks.  I can't wait to get him to the pool and the zoo.  I love my little ham and cheese so much.
We cheered on Aunt Mary at the Dam to Dam!

Loves his Etch-a-Sketch and snacks...always has to have snacks!

{TWO} For a while I had talked about a possible new business venture that I was hoping would work out.  Well, it didn't.  It was going great for a while and then things really slowed down and at the time I had had enough and through in the towel.  Here's the story...

Easton's current daycare lady, Amber, and I decided to open a daycare center in Norwalk.  Between the two of us we had all the qualifications and were planning on splitting the duties of running the center.  We found the perfect building in the perfect location and knew that with the high need of a daycare in Norwalk that this would be the perfect opportunity.  We pretty much verbally accepted the lease offer, had contractors come in to give us bids, created our business plan, had a list of things needed to supply the center, had the fire marshal come in, met with out county rep, etc.  The only thing left to do was wait for the contractor bids to come in, go to the bank, and start the renovation.

One morning, while dropping Easton off, Amber told me that she didn't have it in her heart to do it anymore.  She had a bad feeling about things and wanted to be home with her daughter and the group of kids she currently watched.  I respected her decision and was happy that she told me when she did.  I was bummed but was still going to try to do it on my own.  At this time we had waited about a month for the bids.  After Amber told me she didn't want to do it anymore, another two weeks had gone by and still no word.  I had called, left messages, sent emails and texts and got nothing in return.  Nothing from the state lady, nothing from the building owner, nothing from the contractors!  I was highly annoyed and decided that maybe this isn't something I can do alone.  I now know I made the right decision.  I still hope to find a job closer to Norwalk someday.  I would love to work a 9-3 shift somewhere so I can be home more with Easton.  I would really love to be a classroom mom when he starts school.  We still have 5 years until that time, hopefully there will be a change before then.
Sleep over with B and Papa!

{THREE} House hunting.  Ay yi yi....what a fun/depressing thing.  Eric and I are ready to move.  The adventurous side of us says "Move now!  Find your dream home!" but the practical side (of my husband, not me.  I don't have a practical side) says "Wait two years, finish paying some things off and then move".  Our current home is by no means ready to be on the market.  If I had it my way I would hire all that shiz to get done and have it done in a week but Eric thinks he needs to do it allll by himself so it takes an additional two years.  We decided to not re-do the kitchen.  Just a fresh coat of paint and leave as is.  We still need to finish the doors and trim and there are a few things outside that need to be done to before we put our house on the market.  This whole process drives me bonkers because I want out, like yesterday, and if we have to wait a few years I might just stab my eyeballs out.

{FOUR} 4th of July.  See what I did there?  #4 for the 4th!?  OK...maybe only I thought it was funny....we are switching up our plans for the 4th this year and heading out to Indiana.  My brother, Nick, and his girlfriend had a baby boy, Ace, at the end of May and I'm antsy to get my hands on him!  We will spend the holiday lounging by the pool and relaxing with family and friends.  My brother Todd and his family from Cali will be there and I'm hoping my brother Joe and his wife Mary can make it as well.  I can't wait to get out of Iowa for a few days!  I will miss being at home as my parents always have friend and family over for a cookout and watch fireworks.  It's always so much fun but a little getaway is due.
Easton's first time on a boat.

{FIVE} Arbonne, anyone use this?  I started using it on Tuesday (samples from a friend who sells it) and I already love it!  I can tell a difference already in the few short days I have used it.  The first day my face felt tight.  The second day it felt dry but today it feels amazing!  The product is rather expensive but I love that you only need one pump of everything to cover your face so it lasts longer.  I am considering selling this stuff just so I can get it cheaper.  We will see...

{SIX} All That's Lovely.  You guys, I am so excited that my little wedding adventure is taking off!  I have been doing about two weddings a month.  I don't have any weddings scheduled for the summer which is OK with me but starting in September I have two a month until the end of the year and already have 4 booked for 2015!  I'm so happy I decided to start doing this.  It's been great for me as its something I love to do and it brings in a little extra cash each month.  Win-win in my book :)
Brunch at Machine Shed with Eric's folks.

That's about it!  We are all doing great.  Torey is busy with friends, softball and teenager things.  Eric works his butt off everyday.  He has been working weekends as well and usually doesn't get home until about 7:30 each night.  At least Easton gets to see him for a bit before bed :) The month of May was rough for me.  Easton was sick, I was sick, nothing seemed to be working out but now that it has all passed and we are back to our normal daily routine everyone seems to be much happier!  Thanks for stopping by.

Be blessed.


5 comments:

  1. Thank-you sooo much for your update!!!!! Love it!!!!! Tammy & Sierra :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and we did love seeing Torey's prom pictures.....(loved her dress!) Tammy & Sierra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you two are hilarious! Thanks :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great week for all of you! It’s just quite disappointing that your new business venture did not push through. But business is about proper timing and right people to partner with for it to be successful. You may not have met the people who you can trust to join your business yet. But once you meet them, everything will progress smoothly. Good luck!

    Charlotte Brock @ MKT Law, PLC

    ReplyDelete